The Aim of St. James’ Church of England Primary School Colchester is to have a distinctive and effective education that reflects God’s love for humanity. Saint James School does not try to convert, but rather give children from many walks of life the opportunity to learn within a Christian environment.
Christian values underpin the life of our school. Achievements at all levels are celebrated throughout school. These values are reflected in many areas of school life from developing positive relationships, supporting children and their families to caring for the environment.
Below are some examples of the excellent links that exist between the church and the school:
- The Rector of St James provides advice and support to staff on Religious Education and worship issues in addition to his priestly duties and pastoral care for the whole school community
- The school contributes a monthly article to the Parish Magazine
- The school takes part in a variety of charitable events during the year that are linked with church activities
- Pupils take part in a variety of church services from time to time
- The church helps to provide bibles for Year 6 leavers and some financial support for some families in need
- The school offers its excellent facilities for Parish use e.g Harvest Supper, Talents evening
- The Headteacher provides an annual update for the P.C.C. and report to the annual meeting
- The church welcomes the whole school community to celebrate key festivals in the parish church at least 3 times a year
- The church and clergy are used as important resource for Religious Education and cross-curricular learning
For more information about our parish school, please visit the school website (under Useful Links menu on the top).